Wednesday 25 September 2024

An apology for not showing up

 There really should be snother review up by now. The reason there isn't, is that I have a slight case of the end-of-summer blues, and to cheer myself up, I've been re-reading Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series, set in Quebec. I've already written about them - here - so won't repeat myself. The thing about these books, which may cheer you up if you're feeling a bit down, is not the stories so much - it's that there's a 'gang' of recurring characters, who are funny, mostly kind, always interesting - and very good company. They live in a charming little village called Three Pines, where there is a wonderful bistro and a fantastic boulangerie. So you'll never be hungry, and you'll never be lonely. What could be nicer?

So that's where I've been, and will be till I reach the last book in the series, which is, I think, no.18. Not long now. Till then, see you in the bistro.



No comments:

Post a Comment